The Price of Beauty

The Beauty Volume 1 - Jason A. Hurley, Jeremy Haun

There is a new STD going around and you just might want it. The Beauty is a sexually transmitted disease that makes the infected beautiful. Seems like the perfect way to become instantly attractive. Yet there is a down side that has been covered up and now the lid may be blown off. Revealing there is always a price to beauty.

Pro:

So I'm not a huge fan of graphic novels and don't usually read them. I do dabble in manga but that's about it. There is a lot of hype with this particular one and I couldn't resist. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised. The graphic novel jumps right in and give a quick and detailed explanation of whats going on. The authors do not waste time getting to the present story, which I appreciate. The pace of the graphic novel is fast paced and never drags. The writing made me want to continue reading and pick up the next issue. The characters are well formed and developed. What surprised me was was the plot which is through a cop detective story and cover up. I was not expecting it to be that type of theme but it worked. The illustrations are beautifully done.

Con:

Your wife gives you a disease and you forgive her?! I'm a little lost because i could have sworn that is a no no. To top it off this disease kills people by going boom. That's a solid reason for divorce. There are some really detailed scenes and I'm fine with sexual scenes but the fights and all the blood always makes me queasy. This may just be me, so I just closed one eye and read really fast.

* A copy was given by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review *