SPOILER ALERT!

The Mockingjay Part 2 Movie

Catching Fire and Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, Book 2 and Book 3) - Suzanne  Collins

I love the Hunger Games Trilogy and i should know by now that the movie will never be close to what the books gives you. Yet I continue to go see the movie in hopes that maybe it will do the book justice. And yes there have been worse adaptations to movies than this one.

Pros:

-The tension between Gale, Katniss and Peeta. Awkward! You could feel all the uncertainty that radiated from Katniss.

- The pods where amazing. At several points when they where in the capital i actually jumped from being surprised. This was knowing that they where coming.

_ Finnick and Anne's wedding was what I had pictured in my head. Very naturalistic and simple. I have to admit I cried a little ok ok alot.

- How Peeta looked took my breath away. They did a really good job in transitioning the characters from healthy to broken. Even Katniss showed a deterioration and rebuild which was beautifully done.

- Jump to the future; Again I cried a little when I saw Katniss and Peeta's life. Im glad they didnt make them look older but dressed them in a more mature manner.  (yes Harry Potter this is a con for you). Choosing a simplistic scene to show that they had grown up and build a life.

Cons: I have three big one

- Real or not real. What the hell! this was one of the main components to the last book. This is how we learn the most about the relationship between Peeta and Katniss. How she discovers more about herself. Yes yes they did do several accounts of this Q/A. But for me it was not enough. This was how they rebuild thier relationship and Peeta fights the mind alterations that the capital did to him.

- Finnicks death....... Uh i hate it the most when they change characters deaths! Finnick died to save the group. He willingly gave up his own life with Annie so that Katniss may finish her assassination. In the movie (to me) Finnick dies as a casualty and his death did not assist in anything. Him calling out to Katniss proved that to me. Again I cried both because i heart him and the fact that it was changed!

- Gales exit; When Katniss comes to after the bombing of the capital. Gale is already gone, knowing that the strategy to win the war was his own formulation. The reason Prim is dead is because of an idea he wanted to implement. Even though it was not him who actually implicated it. His absence confirms that to Katniss and seals thier fates.

So yes I did enjoy watching the book come to life on the big screen. I just wish that certain scenes had been left alone. I know that not everything can be shown. And when it comes out I will more than likely buy the DVD because its the end to a great trilogy. Id give the whole movie series 3.75 stars.