Book Giveaway YAY!!!! click on the link below enter!! Good luck
The way to my heart is not through diamond rings or expensive items. Lavishing me with flowers or cooking me a good meal. The road to my heart is paved with Paper Towns lined in Harry Potter and maintained by Aldous Huxley. Sometimes it can be dark like Gone Girl or full adventure like Percy Jackson. Find me in the stories that have helped define who I am. Understand me through the characters and see my world through their struggles. I will give any genre a try because i love discovering great new authors and books. I love to discuss anything literary, so feel free to comment on anything.
Book Giveaway YAY!!!! click on the link below enter!! Good luck
Summary: Following tradition can be hard, especially if you're like Dimple and thinks tradition should stay in the past so as not to interfere with her future. But when the gods smile down on her and her parents allow her to attend Insomnia Con, she jumps at the chance to escape her traditional cage. Tradition is all Rishi has and it's a path he is willing to conform to make his parents happy. When he goes to Insomnia con to meet his future wife, will it work out the way he intends it to?
So it's that time again..... School. I've decided to go back to UNM and get a second bachelors in American Studies to further my path to becoming a librarian. It's taken me a while to figure out this was my calling even though my soul was made of literature. They always say do what you love and I love/live to read.
This semester I'm taking two religion classes which involve how religious background and culture affects the perspective of readers. I'm super excited about learning more about how western religions have shaped our mindset and used in literature. But that also means I have a ton of reading to do; about 75 pages worth each week. That doesn't leave a lot of time to do much pleasure reading.
So forgive me if I'm not reviewing or participating as much as I have. I'll still be reading books during the semester but not as quickly. If any of you have suggestions on some good easy books to read while in school let me know!
So I have finally dealt with the feels of this series being over and all that happened in the final book. This last installment picks up with all hell breaking loose and Setrakus Ra about to take over the Earth. The Lorien clan are feeling stretched thin and hopeless. Can they bond together after everything they have lost? Do they even have anything to fight for?
- This book was a fast-paced rollercoaster that took my emotions on a crazy journey. With every turn of the page, the anticipation would build and build and build until the very last. I blew through this book so fast I didn't realize that hours had passed. There was not a slow part in the entire book and had my heart racing the whole time. In several parts, I looked up to make sure I wasn't in a battle or learning a new legacy. I was not prepared for this story to take a hold of me and never let go.
- The battle.... THE BATTLES! I have to say that through the course of this series the battles have increased in vividness and have improved. The battles in this book took a much needed darker and maturer path. Which would make sense since it is the end of the world as we know it and there have been several heartbreaking and tragic casualties. Pittacus must have taken a page out of George RR Martin's Game of Thrones because some of those fight scenes were brutal. The detail that Lore described made the reader front and center in the action. I was totally immersed and sometimes would duck or gasp because I thought I was there with Four fighting the good fight. My heart beats faster just thinking about it.
- Four..... John... I'll miss him. I enjoyed his journey to find who he really is. He had to deal with so much in this last book and losing people he was close to. I know that John was the main character out of this series but the point of view from the other characters only enhanced the understanding of the plot and made the connections deeper. I did appreciate how each character dealt with the loss of individuals differently. Because from experience, not everyone has the same reaction at that moment nor the time following. It gave different views of how grieving can look and manifest. I would have like a little more detail overall from the characters but I mean its War and sometimes grieving does not have a place when there are people to defend. So I'll let it slide...... this time.
-Sarah ..... I'll just leave that there.......
- I have come to realize I have one HUGE pet peeve and that's when the perspectives change but the chapters are not labeled to indicate this change. It drives me crazy, especially when the narrative is in the first-person. Because it is not apparent who point of view is coming from. So I spend the first couple of pages trying to figure out who is speaking. Then I figure out who it is and I have to go back a re-read the last pages. When all I want to do is see how the plot turns out. It's an awful cycle that must be broken! No more untitled chapters!!
- So I maybe the only one that didn't like the ending to this book. I always cringe a little when there is a semi-happy ending. Because its an all out galactic war and when everything turns out ok and a majority of the people walk away I feel that there could have been a better way to end things. I know I know that sounds kinda negative and I should want a happy and cheerful ending. But I can't let go of the fact that maybe someone should have gone down with the ship and dies a hero. Sometimes when an ending is left this way there are things left undone and it drives me crazy because I want to know what happens. But then again this could be a way for the author to do another book or spin off. Dear God, there better not be. I have dedicated 6 years to this series.....
- We aren't to blame for the actions of our enemies
-You have to embrace these moments not run from them. You never know when it might be your last chance
-It's not an easy thing, deciding how to sacrifice
-Discovery is born of desperation
-Overconfidence gets you dead
Combining two favorite things.. YOU CANT SIT WITH US....
Honored to say that I was able to see this interview in person. Heart Stephen King and George RR Martian. Take a look at the interview from Albuquerque NM at the Kiva.
Stephen King has been getting a whole lot of attention recently. I mean the Gunslinger is in production with Mathew McConaughtey and Idris Elba. Now another classic book from the King collection may get the revamp it deserves. I'll admit I love the book IT and of course Stephen King, but the movie not so much. It didn't do justice to the horrifying writing of Stephen King. Hopefully, this will be a better adaptation of his work. Read the article on http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/13/it-movie-pennywise-first-look about the new movie